Public Safety Communications: 911
The Department of Public Safety Communications provides 9-1-1 emergency call-taking services throughout Dane County. We are also responsible for dispatching emergency units and centralized communications to the County Sheriff's Department, as well as 21 local law enforcement facilities, 26 fire departments, and 21 EMS agencies.
Our mission is to coordinate efficient communications between the people of Dane County and the responding law enforcement, fire, and emergency medical services at all times.
Call 9-1-1 if you can!
Text 911 if you can't.
MISSION - VISION - VALUES
Our Mission - Dane County Public Safety Communications will answer calls in a prompt, professional and empathetic manner to coordinate the appropriate response ensuring the protection of life and property.
Our Vision - To be the best true first responders by ensuring our staff, callers and partner agencies are respected, understood and safe.
Our Values –
- Empathy – We develop strong relationships with those we serve and with each other by understanding and valuing others’ thoughts, views and feelings.
- Selflessness – We put the needs of others above our own. We do this by showing kindness, generosity, thoughtfulness and humility in our actions, which motivate us to do the right thing.
- Integrity – We value honesty and forthright employees who understand our promise is our most vital attribute - our word is our bond. We honor our commitments, keep promises to each other and are truthful in all actions and communications.
- Diversity – We acknowledge and honor the value and dignity of all individuals. We create, maintain and honor an environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences.
- Teamwork – Our team is supportive of each other's efforts, loyal to one another. We value and recognize every individual for his or her unique skills, talents and contributions.
- Accountability – Above all else, we are here to meet the needs of the public and therefore we take ownership of, and responsibility for our decisions and actions. We recognize the gravity our decisions can have on the outcome of an incident and the need for sound decisions, the use of good judgement and collaboration with our team.
- Respect - We owe each other a working environment characterized by trust and respect for each other, fostering open and honest communications at all levels. We will actively listen and try to understand others and will always treat all people with respect, compassion, dignity and tolerance.